Startling Discovery
A new trend has been sweeping through my office which has confused, frightened, and intrigued me. I am hoping that my Midwest and West-Coast Correspondents can report on whether this phenomenon is happening in your areas. The trend involves drinking coffee out of a straw. Not iced coffee, which a normal person could be expected to do but hot coffee.
The first question on my mind, as is probably on the mind of most of my readers, was are these people mentally challenged or undergoing some sort of trauma. To get the answers to my questions I went to the source, two girls named Andrea and Kristina (names have been changed to protect the innocent) from my office who I first spotted drinking hot coffee out of a straw. After a five minute conversation and having them satisfactorily complete a few small physical activities for me, I concluded that they were not mentally challenged. Through my questioning, I learned that they use the straw to prevent their teeth from getting stained from the coffee. Supposedly, by using the straw the coffee gets pushed to the back of their mouth and their teeth can remain sparkley white.
I got the feeling from talking to these girls that they thought I was insane for not using a straw in my coffee. Not more than three weeks after these girls started parading around with their straws in Starbucks cups, every girl in the area bought in to the idea. It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George eats a candy bar with a fork and knife. His response to why, "How do you eat a candy bar? With your hands? [snort]" The closest comparison I could come up with to drinking coffee with a straw is to eat a bag of Cheetos while wearing gloves to prevent that cheesy, orange stuff from getting all over your hands. But that defeats the point of eating Cheetos, you're supposed to get the orange stuff all over you. Just like when you drink coffee, your teeth are supposed to get stained. You're telling the world, "Damn right I drink 6 cups a day, and I like it." Your yellow teeth are like trophies you can parade around all day, be proud of your coffee scars.
Anyone who has seen this recently, please post it below. Also, if anyone has been convinced to start using a straw to drink coffee after reading this blog, I'd love to hear that too. However for the record let it be known that I do not condone the activity.

10 Comments:
The coffee's hot, and the straws made of plastic...isn't that a problem? there's a reason you don't drink coffee out of a plastic cup. if you have the bottom of the straw sitting in hot coffee, that has to be some sort of problem.
And where's that first layer of defense in case the coffee's too hot? like that's never happened to anyone, you get the tip of you tongue on it, it's too hot, you abandon drinking to protect that sensitive roof of your mouth. all of a sudden, you have a blazing hot rush going straight to your throat? I'll pass.
That said, I don't drink a lot of coffee to begin with. But if I did, I'd pass on the straw.
- Adam (Shithead)
By
Anonymous, at 9:35 AM
Maybe they should invent a rubber straw just for that activity. Or they should just have a coffe IV... not sure which one is best
By
Anonymous, at 11:42 AM
The coffee IV is a great idea. There would be no possibility for teeth stains if the caffeine is being directly pumped into your blood. However, I have a bad feeling that once you start injecting coffee into your system, we're not too far off from shooting up with Heroin. So it's probably not the best idea. I don't think kids would get the best ideas from watching their parents inject themselves with 2CCs of Folgers in the morning.
By
GMan, at 12:16 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Steve, at 3:26 PM
Take Adam's word on this one. He knows what happens when you eat a hot dog that has been cooked while still wrapped in plastic. Those chemical reactions that occur when plastic is subject to extreme heat taste good, and are good FOR you! Ultimately, plastic + heat will inevitably lead to the same result: you will pass out with extreme stomach cramps, possibly including vomiting, and will receive a hearty helping of asshole in the face.
By
Steve, at 3:27 PM
Obviously anything Adam suggests has to be thought through. He did eat hot dogs with the plastic still on it, he enjoys brown paper-bagging it when it's 40 degrees out, and he beat RFG in a bacon/meatball pizza eating competition. His advice, while sound, is always suspect.
By
GMan, at 3:50 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Amanda, at 10:27 PM
Thought you might be interested in something I posted exactly like this not too long ago. I'll keep ya posted on my discoveries since I am on the West Coast of BC(Vancouver).
http://missamandaw.blogspot.com/2006/06/latest-trends.html
By
Amanda, at 10:28 PM
Where are we now?
[b][url="http://hydrocodone.dewall.info "]hydrocodone[/url][/b]
By
Anonymous, at 9:09 PM
[b][url=http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com] car insurance comparison [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://seoguide.ws] auto insurance quote [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://nutritionguide.ws] mercury car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://affiliaterevenueguide.ws] tesco car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://careeremploymentguide.com] car insurance uk [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://fitnessequipmentguide.net] cheap car insurance quote uk [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://inetmarketingguide.ws] diamond car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://interiordecorguide.ws] tesco car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://landscapingguide.ws] cheap car insurance quote uk [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://mortgageguide.ws] low car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://personalfinanceguide.ws] aig car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://trafficbuildingguide.net] admiral car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://vacationrentalsguide.ws] compare car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://wealthbuildingguide.net] best car insurance quote [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://progressive-car-insurance.wealthbuildingguide.net] progressive car insurance quote [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://compare-car-insurance.vacationrentalsguide.ws] car insurance n [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://cheapest-car-insurance.trafficbuildingguide.net] car insurance n [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://classic-car-insurance.personalfinanceguide.ws] texas car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://free-car-insurance-quote.mortgageguide.ws] cheap car insurance quote [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://cheap-car-insurance-quote.landscapingguide.ws] classic car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://low-cost-car-insurance.interiordecorguide.ws] car insurance ny [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://car-insurance-quote.inetmarketingguide.ws] car insurance estimate [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://car-insurance-rates.homeimprovementguide.ws] car insurance n [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://new-york-insurance.fitnessequipmentguide.net] car insurance price [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://california-car-insurance.estateguide.ws] affordable car insurance [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://car-insurance-rate.careeremploymentguide.com] auto insurance quote [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://auto-insurance-company.affiliaterevenueguide.ws] car insurance uk [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://online-car-insurance.acneguide.ws] car insurance rate [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://auto-cheap-insurance.nutritionguide.ws] car insurance rats [/url][/b]
[b][url=http://auto-insurance-quote.seoguide.ws] compare car insurance rate [/url][/b]
http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com
Random Keyword: :)
[b]budget car insurance[/b]
By
Anonymous, at 5:10 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home