The G-Man News-Stand

Friday, January 21, 2005

Friday Rumbles and Grumbles

After looking at the viewing statistics over the last month, considering my laziness, and performing some very detailed analysis about the position of the sun, recent fashion trends, and the weather, my advisors and I agreed that rather than posting a comedy bit on Fridays, we should try use this day to try some new things out. Basically, the amount of hits on Friday is much less than the rest of the week and I would hate to use up a good routine on a day where not everyone will visit the site. So instead, we can more easily risk embarrassment or a complete lack of laughs by posting different stuff for Friday. I'm going to have some guest comedians posting bits and whatever else comes to mind. If you have suggestions, send them along in an email -> Gary Hate Mail

Here are some random thoughts, some funny, some informational, some stupid.

#1 - It is too damn cold out in New York. We're talking the kind of cold that seeps through your gloves and hat. It takes me around 40 minutes to defrost once I get inside some place and by then I'm usually getting bundled up again to go outside. If anyone has friends in the weather department, I'll pay big bucks to have them warm it up a bit. Plus, whatever happened to global warming. We had good things going with the Ozone Layer being destroyed. Warmer and shorter winters, better sun tans, the works. Lets get the hair spray cans active again.

#2 - Some of you are familiar with my roommate who is known to the world as "The Angriest Man Alive." I would like to report that The Angry Man was angry about two things this week. The first is a common anger problem of his, he was angry about having to work in general. The second angry moment came yesterday evening when I picked a fight with him by insisting that Josh McCown of the Cardinals was much better and had a better season than Eli Manning this year. He flipped out and started raising his voice, successful mission. On a weekly basis from now on, I will report what The Angry Man is angry about so get excited for that.

#3 - I'd like to wish the Indiana Hoosiers good luck this weekend against Ohio State. IU is playing for their 7th win in 8 games, a streak us Hoosier fans are more accustomed to. Also, since the Jets are out, I am rooting for the Falcons and Steelers to meet in the Super Bowl. If anyone calls me during the football games, I will name names.

#4 - If anyone remembers the story about my friend Tim peeing on my friend Matt, I am planning on going out with him tonight. Hence, if you see me around the city with Tim be careful not to get too close around 3am. It's a definite risk and I don't want anyone to get pee'd on tonight, assuming I'm in the near vicinity.

3 Comments:

  • Gary! I totally forgot how funny you are! Sorry you're so cold... it's 70 here in Tampa. Glad to hear things are going well for you!

    Tracey (grant)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 PM  

  • Wow, Tracy Grant with her first comment, that's yet another new reader. For those of you who don't know, Tracy's husband was my two-on-two football partner back in my IU days. We basically dominated.

    Great to hear from you, keep coming back to the site.

    By Blogger GMan, at 2:25 PM  

  • young Here

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home